About this course
Boats can be seen along the coastlines of Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique. Boats are an important part of how we live on island. This course teaches you about boats – boat building and livelihood.
Show more details
Boat building is a tradition on the sister islands of Carriacou and Petite Martinique in Grenada.
- Learn about how to build boats, and what boats are used for in Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
- Learn about the different types of boats found in Grenada.
- Learn also about the history of Bianca C, a boat that sank off the Carenage, many years ago.
- Learn about the Island Queen, a boat that disappeared between Grenada and Saint Vincent, many years ago.
- Attached to the course package, there are fun learning activities such as a writing activity, drag the words activity, quiz and sorting activity. Perfect for kids, ages 7 to 9.